PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
PLEASE READ THIS NOTIFICATION CAREFULLY
The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 amends the Privacy Act 1988 (hereinafter collectively referred to as the Privacy laws). The Privacy laws sets out various Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) concerning the protection of the privacy of individuals and provides various standards, rights and obligations in relation to handling, holding, accessing and correcting personal information.
Miami Stainless Pty Ltd (Miami Stainless, We) wishes to collect personal information from you and is required to comply with the APPs by communicating to you that we collect personal information, from where we collect it and the purpose for which we collect the personal information in relation to the use of our website at www.miamistainless.com (the Website) or your purchase of our products or services (collectively the Business).
This statement sets out how Miami Stainless handles the disclosure and handling of your personal information and for what purposes you consent to the use of the personal information.
1. MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IN RELATION TO THE BUSINESS
(1) We will only use personal information provided by you for the purposes for which it was collected and we will not disclose your personal information to a third party. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating or conducting our Business or servicing you so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
(2) These obligations apply to your personal information which is collected by us or disclosed to us as result of our Business. Your Business with us and your use of the Website is also governed by Miami Stainless Terms of Trade. You agree that by using this Website and purchasing our products or services you accept this Privacy Statement and Miami Stainless Terms of Trade.
(3) We may amend or update this Privacy Statement from time to time. Any changes will be effective from the date of publication on our Website.
2. MEANING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information means information we hold about you from which we can determine your identity or where your identity can be reasonably established.
3. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The type of personal information we collect from you generally comprises your name, address (home, business and email), Internet Protocol (IP) address, contact details (telephone, mobile, facsimile) and financial information which is relevant to the products or services you purchase or require from us.
4. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
(1) We may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected including where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information.
(2) In addition, we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
(3) Miami Stainless will at all times take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type of organisation(s) to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected at or before the time the personal information is collected.
5. PURPOSES FOR WHICH PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
(1) We collect personal information should you wish to purchase products or services from us or should you contact us, for example, by subscribing to our Website mailing list or asking for information.
(2) We only collection personal information when necessary to conduct our Business activities.
(3) Any financial information collected through our Website is used for the sole purpose of completing a transaction approval or funds transfer. Without this information, we would be unable to achieve the purpose for which the information was given to us. The financial information we collect from you is strictly confidential and held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
(4) We do not disclose information to overseas recipients unless you have consented.
(5) Miami Stainless collects information in the following ways:
6. CONSEQUENCES OF WITHHOLDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Without this personal information, we would not be able to carry on our Business and provide our products or services to you. You understand that the implications of withholding your consent mean that any application by you for a credit account cannot be processed or may be denied.
The Website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and you access destination links at your own risk.
8. FUTURE CONTACT AND YOUR PRIVACY
We may use the personal information we collect from you to contact you and provide you with updated information about the Website or to provide you with other information about our products or services. If you do not wish to receive such information, please notify us at the contact details below.
9. ACCESS AND SEEKING CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete. If you require access to your personal information, please contact us. To ensure confidentiality, your personal information will only be disclosed to you if we are satisfied that the information relates to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to deny access to or correct your personal information.
10. DATA SECURITY
(1) We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. We employ appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised disclosure or alteration. The financial information we collect from you is strictly confidential and held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
(2) However, you transmit information to us at your own risk as no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, personal information where the security of information is not within our control. You are solely responsible for keeping any passwords and/or account information private.
11. WEBSITE PRIVACY
When you visit the Website or download information from it, our Internet Service Provider (ISP) makes a record of your visit and records the following information:
This information is anonymous and does not identify individual users. You can also configure your Internet browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent.
You can make a complaint if you believe that we have breached your privacy. Please direct your complaint to [email protected]. Complaints will be reviewed by us and a response will be provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint by us.
Privacy Statement last updated 06 March 2015.